Hello dear Harveys and Harveysses!
It’s that time of the year again! Our first years are arriving and we are launching our traditional Harvey Mentorship Program.
Remember your struggles when you first arrived to Pavia and your never-ending questions? How to find an apartment, which buses to take, what to study, where to study and of course where to drink?
We are looking for volunteers to adopt the incoming first year Harvey students and help them during their first months of studies and integration in Pavia.
How can you help?
1. Be available to help your mentee with questions in such fields as: the university and its organization, study material, ‘where to go?’ in Pavia, Italian bureaucracy etc.
2. Welcome them into the Harvey family – show them around and introduce them to some of your classmates
3. Be their contact person in case of emergency (we’re talking real emergency here, not when they’re out of ‘stuff’…)
How can you do it?
1. If you’re interested, fill out the signup form (link at the end of this post)
2. We will contact the first year students and create a list of the ones asking for a mentor and assign the couples based on:
a. Whether the mentee asks for a mentor from the same country (because we understand that some problems, especially bureaucratic, are country specific)
b. Whether the mentee or the mentor prefers to be assigned to a partner of the same sex
3. As soon as we’re done you will be given the contact details of your mentee
4. In a couple of weeks, we will organize an aperitivo where you will get to meet your mentee and mutual responsibilities will be discussed.
What do you get from it?
The priceless satisfaction of knowing you did something good for a fellow human being (come on, you know it’s true…)
The deadline for registration is October 24, 2019 at 23:59.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up here: