Hello dear Harveys and Harveysses!
MedSoc is back on track for another year of mind-opening social and academic events that will bring us closer together and to our goals as medical students. We are proud to open this year, as is tradition, with the launching of the Harvey mentorship program!
Do you remember what it was like when you first got to Pavia? not knowing how to find an apartment, not knowing what bus line takes you to class or even how to get a ticket for it? Where the good libraries are, where to find study material and even where you can go out if you don’t feel like going to Zamzam.
The first year students are coming and we want to make them feel at home as quickly as possible – and that’s why we need YOU!
We are looking for volunteers to adopt the incoming first year Harvey students and help them during their first months of studies and integration in Pavia.
How can you help?
1. Be available to help your mentee with questions in such fields as: the university and its organization, study material, ‘where to go?’ in Pavia, Italian bureaucracy etc.
2. Welcome them into the Harvey family – show them around and introduce them to some of your classmates
3. Be their contact person in case of emergency (we’re talking real emergency here, not when they’re out of ‘stuff’…)
How can you do it?
1. If you’re interested, fill out the signup form (link at the end of this post)
2. We will contact the first year students and create a list of the ones asking for a mentor and assign the couples based on:
a. Whether the mentee asks for a mentor from the same country (because we understand that some problems, especially bureaucratic, are country specific)
b. Whether the mentee or the mentor prefers to be assigned to a partner of the same sex
3. As soon as we’re done you will be given the contact details of your mentee
4. In a couple of weeks, we will organize a formal event were you will get to meet your mentee and mutual responsibilities will be discussed (THERE WILL BE FOOD)
What do you get from it?
The priceless satisfaction of knowing you did something good for a fellow human being (come on, you know it’s true…)
So what are you waiting for? Sign up here: